By entering this competition, the entrant is indicating her agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions below.
- The competition is open to young women and girls living in Kenya and who are aged between 18-25 years old on the 8 March 2023.
- Applicants must be in either tertiary education or active within the science, tech and innovation sectors.
- We are committed to an inclusive process and welcome applicants of any race, ethnicity, religion, income, geography, gender identity, sexual orientation, and disability.
- Immediate family members of employees working a participating mission are not eligible.
- Winners must consent to any necessary security vetting procedures.
- The winners must be available to travel to Nairobi during month of April or May.
- The competition will open on 8 March 2023. Closing date for entry will be 23:59 hrs, 22 March 2023. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- Candidates must enter the competition with a one minute video which have not been published in print or online prior to the announcement of the Ambassador for a Day competition and have not been used for applying to similar initiatives
- The content of the videos must be original and in line with the theme of the Ambassador for a Day campaign.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- Candidates are invited to send in a short application form stating name, date of birth, location, educational institution/employment and contact details.
- Person details collected will be will used to inform candidates about the results of the competition and for no other purpose.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.Entries longer than one minute will also be disqualified.
- There is no entry fee.
- The selected winners will be made at the discretion of the participating missions. They will consider the applicants understanding of the issues, communication skills and sense of passion for gender equality.
- There will be one winner selected per participating mission.
- Participants will be allocated to missions and are not able to select their preferred mission
- Each mission will cover reasonable travel expenses for their selected winner only to travel to Nairobi, as well as accommodation and subsistence where relevant.
- These must be agreed in advance with the participating mission.
- There will be no financial reward for participating or winning.
- The winning young women will be given the opportunity to act as ‘Ambassador for the Day’. They will spend a day shadowing one of the Ambassadors/Directors of participating missions, accompanying them to working meetings and participating in events. They will also have the opportunity to participate in interviews and share their experiences on social media.
- This year’s competition will consist of the following: Costa Rica, Germany, UNDP, the Netherlands, the United States of America and the United Kingdom.
- The final date and schedule for the day of shadowing will be agreed between the winner and their mission which has selected them after the winners have been announced.
- The winners agree to be photographed and/or filmed during public and online engagements within the Ambassador for a Day campaign in order to promote the initiative provided that the photos/videos do not prejudice their dignity and reputation.
- The winners must be available to travel to Nairobiduring month of April or May.
- The participating mission’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition, including but not limited to the appraisal of the participants, the organisation of carrying out the competition and the awarding of the winners will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The participating missions shall have the right to change the dates and order or presenting the awards shall a necessity occur whereby the participants shall be notified.